quinta-feira, agosto 23, 2007

Blue eyes

She was awaiting for me, sitting at the bar. The skirt was above the knees. The glasses framed the blue eyes. The short hair was harmoniously messed up. Two fingers were playing with her eyebrows. The lips produced a beautiful smile when she saw me. I was late, as usual. As I approached her, half kissing, half apologizing, she simply kissed back to me and smiled. I was not sure if she heard my apologies, but it obviously didn’t matter anymore. We took off the shoes, walked into the lounge and found a corner for us among the pillows and candles. A live band in the building across the street was courteous to play it loud, enough for our not so distant ears. The live tunes mixed well with the local lounge music, the talking around us and our half spoken words. The vibe was great. We had just come from a local restaurant. Before that, we traveled on the dirty streets of that poor city. Before that we chatted at lobby of the hotel that hosted our bodies. And further away from the present, there was emptiness; we hadn’t met each other yet.

The plans for the day, the next week, were as simple as our conversations, our desires. We decided to get away from the city, somehow, and go to the mountains. Few expectations and plans, simple simple, easy easy.

Left my cigarette in her hands, and kissed her again. The eyes were not open. My hands found their frame on her fingers, and my head over her shoulders. Closed my eyes.